Regain your confidence and enjoy your smile with crowns or veneers from Gateway Dental Care in Pleasanton, California. We’re here to help you understand the differences between crowns and veneers, and assist you in deciding which one of these restoration procedures will work best for you.
The Pros & Cons Of Crowns
A dental crown covers the entirety of your tooth to create a complete look. There are many positive reasons to consider this durable and attractive dental restoration technique.
- Provides Support To A Damaged Tooth
- Protects Teeth From Further Damaged
- Protects A Tooth After A Root Canal Procedure
- Shields A Dental Implant
- Changes The Appearance Of A Tooth By Altering Shape Or Color
- Can Last For Approximately 5 – 15 Years With Proper Care
- Teeth Must Be Filed Into Correct Shape Before Crown Fitting
- Some Patients May Experience Temperature Sensitivity
- Some Types of Crowns May Become Chipped Over Time
- Improper Care Can Allow Bacteria To Become Trapped
The Pros & Cons Of Veneers
Veneers are a versatile dental procedure that covers only the front surface of teeth. While they can be used to treat many of the same things that crowns can, they also come with benefits and drawbacks.
- Veneers Are One Of The More Affordable Dental Restoration Techniques
- Veneer Restoration Preserves More Of The Original Tooth
- Veneers Are Versatile & Customizable
- They Provide Structural Support To Minimally Damaged Teeth
- Depending On The Type, Veneers Can Last Between 5 & 15 Years
- Dental Veneers Are An Irreversible Procedure
- Patients May Experience Temperature Sensitivity After Procedure
- Severely Damaged Teeth May Not Be Eligible For Veneers
- Some Veneers Have A Far Shorter Life Span Than Bridges & Crowns
- Composite & Porcelain Veneers May Be Prone To Cracking Or Chipping
Should I Choose Crowns Or Veneers?
While both crowns and veneers are excellent dental restoration techniques, the cosmetic dentistry route that you take will be determined by factors such as existing tooth decay or damage, your desired finished look, and your lifestyle. After your initial exam, our cosmetic dentist will discuss these factors with you and help you decide between crowns and veneers.
Cosmetic Dentistry In California
Gateway Dental Care in Pleasanton, California, can help you get the smile glow-up that you’re looking for. Whether you need dental restoration or just want a brighter, whiter smile, we can help you choose between crowns and veneers. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!