Gateway Dental Care in Pleasanton, California, offers many effective treatments for a cracked tooth. Fractured teeth are a common problem and can happen at any age. While regular dental visits and healthy teeth can help prevent cracks, accidents still occur, and natural wear and tear eventually take their toll. When you need a family dentist office to repair your family’s smiles, look no further than Gateway Dental Care.
Tooth Fracture Causes
Tooth decay weakens your teeth, making them more vulnerable to fractures. Many things can ultimately cause a tooth to break, from sudden accidents to harmful habits.
Teeth can break when you receive a blow to the face, such as from a car accident, fall, sports injury, or fistfight.
- Biting down on something hard — ice, hard candy, nuts, etc. — can crack teeth.
- Pressure from teeth grinding may lead to fractures.
- Teeth can break when there are sudden temperature changes inside your mouth. For example,
- you eat something hot then cool your mouth with ice water.
- Tooth fractures can be a natural part of aging, especially for patients over 50.
Signs Of A Broken Tooth
Cracked teeth don’t always produce symptoms. You may not even notice you have a broken tooth until you find the broken piece in your mouth or see the crack in the mirror. Whether you develop symptoms or not, don’t panic. See our dentist as soon as possible.
- Pain While Biting & Chewing
- Sensitivity To Heat, Cold & Sweetness
- Tooth Pain That Comes & Goes
- Swollen Gums
- Cuts On Tongue Or Inside Of Lip Or Cheek
Five Treatment Options
If a cracked tooth isn’t treated early, it can lead to further damage and infection. The worst-case scenario is that you will eventually lose the tooth.
The type of treatment the dentist recommends, including how long it takes and how much it costs, depends on how severe the fracture is. Minor repairs only require a single visit, but more complicated procedures can take a few weeks to complete.
Book Your Appointment Today
Are you looking for the best dentist in Pleasanton to fix a cracked tooth? Schedule an appointment with Gateway Dental Care today. We accept most forms of dental insurance. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.